Monday, July 8, 2013

Oh Kate!

Let me begin with a confession...I did not follow the challenge on Saturday or Sunday. Womp womp...sorry peeps! My reasoning is this- Saturday was hot as you-know-what and I was having a vineyeard outing so I decided to wear a comfy jersey sundress (didn't find anything similar on Pinterest)and on Sunday, I literally cleaned and lounged with the hubs at home so I wasn't going to fake and put on some fab outfit to do that. :-) As much as I like Pinterest, I feel it a little limiting. Though I'm enjoying this challenge, I also am really appreciating being an individual. I love looking to others for inspiration here and there, but using other whole outfits doesn't always work for me. Plus, what led me to even begin this blog was the fact that I was enjoying coming up with my own ensembles as a creative outlet. SO...that being said, my initial thought of doing this for a month is losing steam. Not because this is hard (I like/welcome a hard challenge), but because I'm not feeling as inspired as I thought I would. Maybe I'm not following the right people on Pinterest. I do have a lot of lovely outfits on my board, but  they all seem to be in a different "category". Like, too dressy for work, or too out of season (fall layering, etc). Lots of cute shorts outfits, but somehow don't work well for my life. For example, two of the outfits I wore this weekend include shorts, but one used a scarf and one long sleeves. In NOVA neither of those things make sense in July. I did it, but why do a challenge if you are literally miserable and uncomfortable? This is supposed to be fun, right?!. Anyway, we'll see! Here are the outfits from this weekend as well as what I'm wearing today.
Inspiration pic- the FAB Kate Middleton

 Today's ensemble:
Skinnies- Old Navy
Tee- H & M
Scarf- Old Navy
Blazer- Issac Mizrahi for Target
Shoes- Nine West
Earrings- gold Studs from my grandma Hillard. I think they are from China. Like from a visit to China, not just "made in China". She was a world traveler, that one!




Thursday- 7/4/13
Shorts- Old Navy
Chambray shirt- thrifted
Necklace- Pick Your Plum
Shoes- Nine West
Earrings- Kohl's
Watch- Swatch
Bangles- F21






Friday- 7/5/13
Shorts- Macy's Levi's boyfriend shorts
Tee- Old Navy
Scarf- Old Navy
Sandals- Old Navy
Hoops- ??
Bracelets- combo of bangles 
Belt- So old, don't remember! 

So, I may or may not keep on trucking with this challenge. I'll peruse Pinterest and see what I'm in the mood to wear from my closet. If they coincide then it's a go! :-) 

Until tomorrow lovlies...
J
Pin It

No comments: