Friday, May 17, 2013

Yellow Eyelet

Ahhhh eyelet...the material of my childhood dresses! It is so whimsical and brings back memories of 6 year old birthday parties in the summertime. It also makes me think of the 80 and Laura Ashely (though I never was much of a L.A. fan). Much like lace, eyelet never really goes away it just pulls back from the spotlight until it's time to resurface. I've seen much more of it in this year's spring and summer collections. However, I debated about buying eyelet due to the childhood nod, but I'm so glad I went with it! I've been wanting a yellow dress for a while and the material and skirt of this one really looks fun and playful. The only thing that would make it better would be some pockets! You know how I feel about dresses with pockets! So, thanks to my fav, Old Navy for closing yet another fashion hole in my wardrobe. Now I'm debating about getting it in white since I've been looking for a fun white summer dress for the last two years...hmmmm....decisions decisions!







 


Today's ensemble:
Dress- Old navy
Denim Jacket- So old- who knows! Brand is Bubblegum- probably from Macy's
Bracelets- Bauble Bar and World Market mix
Belt- Gossip on 23rd (boutique in Crystal City, VA)
Earrings- gift from mom
Shoes- Alloy
 
Until tomorrow lovlies...
J
Pin It

No comments: