Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring!!

Depending on where you live (East Coast!) it may not feel like spring, but I know it's here...technically! Being that today is the first official day makes me a little bit giddy. Even though it's supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight, I'll still hold onto the sun that  is shining today and eagerly anticipate the warmer days ahead! Today's ensemble is a very typical cold weather dress style for me. Though I see some gals rocking the skirts with bare legs during winter (in the snow...yikes, that's brave!) that is just not for me. I love my tights and boots and will wear them happily until my legs can go goosebump free. I'm giving a lecture today so I was unsure as to whether or not I should wear such a bold pattern on my dress...will I confuse and distract them? Give them a headache? A seizure?! Just kidding...though I do remember once hearing tips for how to dress when you are speaking to a crowd. I vaguely remember the advice being something like: wear solid colors, no crazy patterns, etc. I'm breaking all the rules today! Oh well! It's my nod to the changing season (deep, but bold colors remind me of the seasonal transition we are going through) and I love it! Happy first day o' SPRING!!




Today's ensemble:
Dress- Macy's in NYC (the BIG one!)- Donna Morgan
Tights- Kohl's
Boots- Issac Mizrahi for Target
Blazer- H & M
Necklace- Pick Your Plum
Earrings- Kohl's
Until tomorrow lovlies...
J
 Pin It

No comments: