Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fashion MacGyver!

Don't we all have those days where we have to safety pin something?  Use Hollywood tape (or sometimes just tape tape) in some way to make an outfit look right? Heck, I've even used many of the items on my desk for a temporary outfit fix (stapler, scotch tape, paperclip, pencil eraser, etc). I bring up this topic bc no matter how prepared you are, how meticulously you take care of your clothes, you are BOUND to have a wardrobe malfunction sooner or later. Unless you are lucky enough to have designers create your clothes to custom fit you and you wear the items only once (don't I wish!), then maybe not you. Today is a day like that...though I made the conscious choice when I got ready this morning to wear an "improvised" piece. Can you tell what I'm talking about?! No wait, don't look for lumps and bumps- this could be dangerous! The only item I am wearing that isn't fully functioning is my right earring. I LOVE these hoops, but being that they are some metal not found in nature (i.e. super cheap and cheerful), the little latch/hook thingy quickly broke. Since I feel naked without earrings and don't keep a backup pair in my purse like smart women do,  I quickly (with the assistance of a friend and colleague) fashioned an earring back out of a pencil eraser (SO 90s!). This was the day that they broke...and that was a while ago. I planned to throw them away, but I couldn't do it. I love them and they really are different from my other silver hoops. So, I'm rockin' the eraser back! Who cares?! Can you tell?! What have you fashioned craftily to hold onto an item a little longer?!

Today's ensemble:
Pants- Loft
Tee- H & M (redo item)
Cardi- Nordstrom (brand is Halogen)
Bangles- Forever 21
Earrings- Kohl's
Shoes- Macy's I think (Style & Co is the brand)
Belt-Kohl's
Necklace- Lia Sophia

Until tomorrow...
J

No comments: