Monday, December 17, 2012

Wearing Green & White...

... in honor of the victims of the awful tragedy that happened at the Sandy Hook Elementary school on Friday, December 14th, 2012. I don't think we'll ever forget that date. So many young and beautiful lives lost in such an horrific way. I don't really have much to say today-I even had a hard time smiling in this pic knowing I picked this outfit not for fashion or fun, but in remembrance and out of respect. Interesting how fashion, as fun and silly and some think trivial, as it can be, how it can also be used to make a statement and to unite. No, I don't need a green blazer to think about those poor lives lost and families devastated, but I think a statement like a country uniting to wear the same colors shows that we are all one and we are all hurting with the town of Newtown today and for many days/weeks/months/years to come.

Today's ensemble:
Pants-Loft
Sweater- Victoria's Secret catalog
Blazker- Charlottle Russe
Necklace - H & M
Earrings- Kohl's
Boots- Nine West (can't see them- standard black boots)



Until tomorrow...
J

No comments: