Monday, August 13, 2012

Manic Monday

Totally picked a different outfit last night and then realized this morning that my fabulous ivory linen pants seriously needed some hemming. They were cut for Heidi Klum, not me! Altering is a great way to liven up your closet...try things on and see if maybe you would wear them more (or at all) if they actually fit better!
 I have a bag of pants and skirts waiting to get altered that I love and will wear...when they fit me right. Even a bargain item of clothing can be altered to look much nicer and more suited for your body. Most clothing will not fit perfectly since we are all such different shapes and sizes. Whether it be something you love that used to fit, but because you lost weight is now baggy, a pair of pants that you bought even though they were a tad too long, or a jacket that was the perfect silhouette...on the hanger. An outfit can go from frump-tastic, to runway worthy with a few inches of adjustment. I've even bought something that I loved, though it wasn't quite the right fit, but was on such a good sale that I figured the value of it would still be phenomenal after adding in cost of alteration. Altering doesn't have to break the bank either. I take many of my items to my local dry cleaners and they do a FAB job. I've even taken bridesmaid dresses and they've turned out GREAT! It is usually much cheaper with the same great quality outcome as a place that does only tailoring-though if you have one of those that you love, stick to it!! If it ain't broke, why fix it? For the sake of feeling fabulous, take a peek at your pants, skirts, and jackets to see if you can alter a little more life into them!


Today's ensemble:
Pants: Old Navy
Shirt: Nordstrom
Shoes: Kohl's
Earrings: Old Navy
Bracelets: H & M

No comments: