Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Saving This for a Special Occasion...

Do you do that too? Save things (a dress, great pair of earrings, a fun new top) for a special occasion??!! That special occasion could actually be something special or it could just be a day that you're going to see the most people! Come on...I know at least a few of you out there have vetoed a fabulous outfit on a day that you knew you'd only be sitting at your desk all day, right?! As a kid we couldn't WAIT to wear something new to school immediately after we got it. We would practically sleep in it the night before! As an adult, I find myself waiting to premiere outfits or parts of outfits for just the right moment. But if I have this mindset does it lead me to pick and wear less special outfits on random Tuesdays? Why can't Tuesday be the special day to wear the new earrings...or in this case, why can't Wednesday be the special day to wear my fun new shoes?!?! I've had these shoes for a little while now (about a month and a half) and have yet to wear them. I admired them almost daily (that's a tad dramatic- I don't actually have time to admire shoes every day...or do I?!). What was I waiting for?! Just because I'm not repeating anything this month, doesn't mean that's my everyday reality, right? I can wear them again and SOON if I want. Why oh why do we put pressure on premiering certain items? It's silly really and something I'm setting a goal to stop doing. Every day should be a special day and every outfit should make you feel FABULOUS! This is a great mantra to bring with you into the closet each morning. If you put something on and it doesn't quite fit right or looks faded, wrinkly or just plain bad- add it to the good will pile, don't say to yourself "eh, it works for today". I'm walking tall (literally and figuratively) in my sassy new wedges! What are you waiting to premiere- get out there and ROCK it!

Today's ensemble:
Shirt: Daisy Fuentes for Kohl's
Skirt: Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's
Shoes: Sole Society
Bangles: combo from Forever 21 and World Market
Earrings: Dana Buchman for Kohl's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love those FAB shoes!!