Thursday, August 16, 2012

I love Peplum!

I swear this is a different black blazer...a girl can never have too many, right? If you look back, you will notice my other black blazer is longer and more of the "boyfriend" style while this one is a bit shorter and more fitted. I actually have a few black blazers that I really do wear regularly. They are SO versatile! Throw one on with a work outfit, over jeans and a t, with a sundress...the possibilities are almost endless! While I don't think one needs multiples of everything (although my closet might disagree), something like a black blazer in different cuts and styles, can really work well in your wardrobe! Not all cuts look good with all outfits. Now, could one live with only one black blazer? Sure! But that's just not as fun is it?? If you had to pick one style, I think a jacket perfectly fitted to your body is the way to go! Moving on...per the title of today's post, I LOVE peplum tops and dresses. I don't have a lot of this style in my closet (so far just the two tops you've seen in this challenge-see day 1), but I think I'll be adding more this fall. They have been hitting the runways since the spring. Even if you could care less about some of the oddities of said runways (some of those outfits REALLY aren't worn by real women), this is a style that anyone can pull off! They are figure flattering, womanly, and bring back a style that make me think of the days of yore (when were they first popular- I'm thinking "Mad Men" times?).  I also kind of want to put on little white wrist gloves when I wear peplum, but somehow that look doesn't fit into my lifestyle! Be bold...add a little peplum to your life!

Today's ensemble:

Pants: Kohl's
Top: Elle for Kohl's
Jacket: H & M
Necklace: Old Navy
Earrings: Kohl's
Bracelet: H &M
Shoes: Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl's 

No comments: