Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 8...trucking along

I totally forgot about this dress!! That's one of the many reasons why I'm having SO much fun with this challenge. We seem to always go to the same few outfits/combinations (especially for work). In really looking through my closet,
I'm discovering treasures I had forgotten about. Yes, I know this means I've got too much (welcome to America), but don't worry! Each day I'm more and more motivated to live with less. I actually read something that surprised me. Nina Garcia (Fashion Director of Marie Claire magazine) said it (LOVE her!). She said (and I paraphrase) that she was amazed by how many clothes Americans have and that it actually creates less options and fun within our wardrobes. One would think that a fashion director would hold unattainable expectations for most women to have oodles of clothes, but not her. Although I wonder what her closet looks like! She inspires me often and this idea really inspired me! I wonder how many pieces of clothing I could make into many combinations?!?!? Do I smell another challenge?! I once came across this blog of a girl who wore one dress for a whole YEAR...ONE DRESS!!! She styled it differently every day, layered pieces, tucked it into pants, added scarves, tights and other accessories, etc. It worked! Amazing! Don't think I'd go that far, but it is intriguing!



Today's ensemble:
Dress: Nordstrom Rack (Carole Little)
Jacket: Michael Kors
Shoes: Sole Society
Bracelets: From Allie's closet via moving purging! (Thanks!! ;-))
Earrings: Macy's-can't rem. brand

1 comment:

Allie said...

You're welcome friend!! I feel another purge coming on... :)