Friday, August 17, 2012

Casual Friday Comfort!

Don't you just hate it when you have a "party foul" moment with your own outfit so much so that you can't wear it?! This is how it went down... in my Friday AM rush, I calculated my timeline of deodorant application to shirt putting-on time incorrectly and got lovely greasy looking smears on the sides of my very cute flowy, delicate top! EEEEK! This is not my first rodeo- what was I thinking?!?! I will tackle the stains and add it back in before August ends. So I chose this lovely, flowy skirt and tank with fun baubles since it is an August Friday and I think I can go a tad more casual. I'm very lucky with my work environment because although we do dress biz-casual, we can dress a little more on the casual side- especially in the summer and especially when I'm not leaving my office for the day. Thus, this outfit was born.

Often times I find myself looking at/buying my clothing in categories: work, weekend, weekend night out, weekend chill, etc. However, lately I've been trying to look at my clothing as "anytime" wear as much as possible. So many pieces can be worn with jeans on the weekend and a blazer and black pants for work. It makes my clothing much more versatile and gives me many more options. Makes me feel like I've got new clothes when in reality they are only new to me wearing them in a new way. This skirt, for example, was not intended to be a work skirt. But why not?!? I know it might take some more planning and thought to make a weekend outfit "work" for a business setting, but it's part of the fun! I would have paired this with a jean jacket to make it a little more covered up for work, (I almost turned my car around to grab it, but would've been late to work), but I figured since it's a chill day at the office, I can go with the tank alone.Can you look at your clothes in a different light to make some fun, new combos?!

Today's ensemble:
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Target
Bracelet: Forever 21
Necklace: World Market
Earrings: Kohl's


Until tomorrow...
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really like the helpful hints you give with your outfits!! This is so comfy and coollooking. I need to "look outside the box" when figuring out what to wear! Thanks!!
Beautiful as always!